Here’s a little test to review our past year — we’re sure you will do well! Click on the question to discover the answer.
1. How many families does Yad Ezra assist in a month?
Yad Ezra assists 1,250 families every month.
2. How many individuals are served every month by Yad Ezra?
Yad Ezra serves 2,700 individuals every month.
3. One out of every _____ individuals in the metro Detroit Jewish community receives food from Yad Ezra.
One out of every 20 individuals in the metro Detroit Jewish community receives food from Yad Ezra.
4. Besides Metro Detroit, where else does Yad Ezra distribute food?
Yad Ezra distributes food to Flint, Ann Arbor, and Windsor, Canada.
5. How many pounds of food did Yad Ezra distribute in 2019?
In 2019, Yad Ezra distributed 1,000,000 pounds of food.
6. The food that Yad Ezra cannot distribute...
The food that Yad Ezra cannot distribute goes to food banks like Gleaners to distribute to soup kitchens and pantries. It also goes to a pantry in Inkster.
7. From where does Yad Ezra, an independent agency, receives most of its revenue?
Yad Ezra receives most of its revenue from individual contributions.
8. What does Yad Ezra do besides distribute food?
Yad Ezra registers people for SNAP benefits; provides a drive-thru window for those seeking more privacy; arranges off-site deliveries for clients who are physically unable to come to our pantry; offers a School Lunch Assistance Program which benefits over 600 children; provides a Healthy Snack Program for children of client families; has a Giving Gardens greenhouse which serves as an educational lab and grows organic produce and herbs for clients; offers a Chanukah Gift Program for client families with children ages 2-12; a Simcha Fund providing financial assistance to client families for celebratory occasions; provides emergency assistance when appropriate; vitally active in advocacy and partner with other organizations to battle hunger.
9. How many staff members does Yad Ezra have?
Yad Ezra runs on a small team of 8 staff members.
10. In the year 2020 Groceries for a family of 5, that cost $152.56 at a retail store, cost Yad Ezra _____.
In the year 2020 Groceries for a family of 5, that cost $152.56 at a retail store, cost Yad Ezra $88.35.
Yad Ezra Jeopardy