All clients are served on a first-come, first-served basis. Numbers are distributed to clients to make sure everyone is helped according to arrival time. Volunteers help with the intake process, recording and filing client cards and food distribution.
Client’s initial visit – intake process:
- A staff member qualifies clients for eligibility (the client’s income must fall within poverty guidelines established by Yad Ezra).
- The client is given an ID card to record food pick-up appointment dates, which s/he must bring on each visit.
- Once a client qualifies, s/he is escorted by a volunteer through the warehouse to pick out her/his groceries.
- The whole process from initial qualification to receiving food takes approximately 45 minutes.
Subsequent visit – intake process:
- A staff member or a client intake volunteer reviews the client’s financial history to record any changes.
- The client is given a return appointment date.
- The client is escorted by a volunteer through the warehouse to select his or her groceries.
- The whole process takes approximately 15 minutes.