All clients are served on a first-come, first-served basis. Numbers are distributed to clients to make sure everyone is helped according to arrival time. Volunteers help with the intake process, recording and filing client cards and food distribution.
Client’s initial visit – intake process:
- A staff member qualifies clients for eligibility (the client’s income must fall within poverty guidelines established by Yad Ezra).
- The client is given an ID card to record food pick-up appointment dates, which s/he must bring on each visit.
- Once a client qualifies, s/he will wait in their vehicle while a volunteer shops for the order, upon completion it will be brought to the vehicle.
- The whole process from initial qualification to receiving food takes approximately 45 minutes.
Subsequent visit – intake process:
- A staff member or a client intake volunteer reviews the client’s financial history to record any changes.
- The client is given a return appointment date.
- The client waits in their car while the volunteer shops their order to bring to their car.
- The whole process takes approximately 15 minutes.