Volunteer at Giving Gardens- Sundays 10am-12pm
- Please RSVP by emailing email@example.com
- Volunteers of all backgrounds, ages, and abilities are welcome! (Children under 16 should be accompanied by an adult. Our spaces are wheelchair-accessible.)
- Come prepared:
- Dress appropriately for the weather and for working with the soil.
- Bring a water bottle, snacks, sunscreen, and anything else you might need.
- If you are unable to lift 20 lbs, have any medical issues, or other concerns, please let us know.
- What to expect:
- The type of work is dependent on the weather and time of season. It can include planting, weeding, watering, harvesting, garden maintenance, and other projects.
- We have bathrooms, drinking fountains, gloves, and tools on-site.
- We promote a safe and inclusive space for everyone, including our food pantry clients.
- Come ready to learn, meet other gardeners, and have fun!
Jewish Environmental Education
Are you a Jewish educator looking for an enriching field trip? Bring your students to Giving Gardens at Yad Ezra and choose from our various programs, which connect Judaism, food justice, and environmentalism.
Host Classes at Yad Ezra
Yad Ezra is a learning lab for our food system- the network that brings our food from the ground to our plates. Through our food pantry and Giving Gardens, we demonstrate each step of our food’s journey, from growing and harvesting to distribution. We are the perfect site to hold your class on Jewish food, food justice, or land stewardship.
Contact Carly Sugar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 548-3663.